Thursday, October 8, 2009

Photobooth Installation at Museum of Contemporary Art Denver!

I helped with the Brown Room Photobooth installation that was at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver on Friday, September 25th for the Barnaby Furnas opening.

After working with the education director to conceptualize a photobooth "room" and bringing in local installation artist Matt Scobey to assist in its design and execution, it took Matt and Erin Algiere two solid days of set up. Friday night, the photobooth went live and Beth Eggleston, Katherine Winter Erin Algiere, and myself shot over 300 people in 3 hours, composited them into photographs and uploaded them instantly to Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ 42854949@N08/

I worked as the head camera operator/director while Beth and Katherine composite, resized and uploaded the images as fast as humanly possible and Erin coordinated the show! It was a lot of fun, and big thanks to Erin and the museum for trusting me to be involved. It was a LOT of work and a LOT of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Man! I wish I could have been there! Stupid work! By the by gary, You're innate, by the way, which i mean awesome!

    ReplyDelete